This page is now closed. Thanks for joining us. These were the updates as Egypt were held to a 2-2 draw by Cape Verde in Abidjan, the Ivory Coast on Monday, January 22:
- Egypt draw 2-2 with Cape Verde in their last group-stage match at the CAF Africa Cup of Nations 2023.
- Cape Verde had already qualified for the knockout stages with victories in both of their opening matches.
- Egypt’s point takes them through as Mozambique come from two goals down in stoppage time to draw 2-2 with Ghana as both are eliminated.
- Mohamed Salah is returning to Liverpool for treatment on a hamstring injury sustained in the match against Ghana but the forward may return later in the tournament.
- Jordan Ayew had put the Ghanaians two up with both goals coming from the penalty spot but the Black Stars go home with only two points to their name.